கதை சங்கமம் 2021

புது எழுத்தாளர்களை வரவேற்கிறோம்! New Talented Writers Welcome!!!

Chosen Family 4

onlyurkarthik

It was a bright Friday morning.

Manoj got up early and overheard his father talking to someone over the phone about their farm house getting ready after all the renovation work that was going on. Don did not waste a second, went straight to his dad asking

" Dad, I heard you speaking about the farmhouse, is the work that was going on finished?".

"Yes Manoj, watchman called me just now and informed the same."

" Dad, I want to go and spend the weekend over there with my friends, Shall I?"

"This sounds new to me Manoj, Have I ever stopped you or your brothers from going to our farm house with friends?"

"No dad, its like i want you and mom also to come this time, its been ages since we all went out for a vacation."

"Am stuck over the weekend with work my boy, why dont you go ahead with your friends along with our Manager."

"Ok dad ill invite my friends and we will be there over the weekend."

" Sure let me talk to the watchman and ask him to keep things ready, also our manager Prabhu will be there to assist you if anything is needed."

"Love you dad"

" Moorthi, Am sending Manoj along with his friends and our Manager there for the weekend, make necessary arrangements for stay, food as well as Jungle Safari."

" Ok Sir."
Manoj did not waste a single minute, he immediately called Varsha, Karthik,Vinoth, Mouli, Barani as well as Nathiya who were permitted by their parents. Police officer was not that keen in sending Kavin across for the trip even though Manoj's dad spoke to her and informed that Manager Prabhu will accompany the kids.

All of them assemble at Manoj's house for lunch post which they were scheduled to leave. It was indeed a feast for all. Imagine a table full of dishes of which they didn't know the names for most of them.

After a heavy lunch the kids anxiously waited for the van to arrive. They werr all set to travel from Tirupur to Asanur. Asanur is basically a forest area which is around 150 km from Tirupur.

Every kid bought something or the other from their respective houses. Barani as usual got some special delicacies from his hotel, Karthik got sweets prepared by his mom, Varsha as usual Chocolates, Vinoth's parents owned a meat shop apart from a small restaurant so he got some nice marinated juicy meat for the travelling bunch. Nathiya brought some savories, while Mouli had bags full of fruits.

Their journey started in the late afternoon and they reached the farmhouse by evening around 5.30 pm. Manager Prabhu and Moorthi anna were so cordial and took real good care of the kids. Everyone slept because of the heavy lunch.

Manoj's farmhouse was indeed one of its kind. It was a 25 acre land, with a beautiful garden and play area for kids. They had their own cattles, hen, goat etc. Milk supply to entire asanur was from their farm. House was renovated recently with AC's being fit as Manoj's family and friends used to visit there often.

Kids started waking up one by one and were served juice. Manager came and said that they are going to play a game and the end result is indeed going to be a major surprise for everyone.

Nathiya "What game Uncle?"

"Something like Treasure Hunt ma."

Kids were very eager for the surprise that was mentioned by the manager. Each were given a box of puzzle and asked to solve within 15 min. Everyone started swiftly,

Meanwhile Nathiya "It would have been nice if our parents were also here." Being 10yr old kids though their close friends were there, almost everyone started thinking the same. It was time and manager came into the room and asked everyone to turn the puzzle board upside down. He then asked kids to join the boards to see what they could find?

Once kids combined all the flipped boards they got the picture of a coffee mug. Karthik asked " Are we going to be served coffee now?"

Manager "No, answer my question, Where will you find coffee mugs?"

Varsha " What question is this Prabhu uncle, you will find coffee mugs usually at the shops only." Everyone burst out laughing.

"Little Princess I know that, in our houses where will you find the cups?"

" Hmmm now the question is specific, Of course where else in the kitchen only"

"Now go to the Kitchen and start looking out for the coffee mug."

Kids were a bit shocked to see lots of coffee mug. There were close to 50 of them there in the kitchen. Barani being clever of the lot said " The pic that we saw in the puzzle had coffee bean symbol on it, so lets search for that cup."

They got to the cup as seen in the puzzle and were only able ro find a note written inside it which stated "You are very close to the ultimate prize, the key to success lies in one of the potted plants in the house porch."

Barani " Come lets go and search immediately and see what that ultimate prize is all about." To add a lil spice there were a total of 6 keys present. So they took everything and reached the door of a closed room as mentioned in the note found with the keys.

Everyone tried with the keys they had, finally it was Nathiya, who was able to open the door. It was pitch dark inside, still these kids wanted to get inside to see what was in store for them. A projector turned on and there was video that had a collection of what all happened right from their birth. Kids found it interesting as they were able to recall all the memories. They discussed a lot of on what all they had gone through. One thing that they missed was our Silent Killer, Kavin.

Varsha and Karthik together " It was wonderful and we all enjoyed it Prabhu uncle." Come on everyone lets refresh and go down for dinner." All the lights went off suddenly everyone thought it was a power failure. Little did they know that a very big surprise was indeed awaiting them.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥